Friday, February 15, 2013

"First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do.” --Epictetus


To Note: I decided that I want to be more relaxed about my time constraints with this blog. I think I had unfair expectations about how long it takes to experience and digest the changes I am making. I came to the computer a couple of times with the intention of posting about my water drinking experiences, but I didn't feel as though I had anything substantial to say. But now, six-ish weeks later, I do (substantial is a subjective word, remember). Also, I'm in school full-time, and I have two jobs, so I realized I needed to make this blog more of a priority and actually schedule it into my life in order to be successful. 


Reflections on water:

I am much happier with myself ever since I started drinking the appropriate amount of water. I feel less fatigued and have fewer headaches. I feel more in tune with my body because I spend more time actually listening to it. I also have one less thing to feel guilty about! 

Carrying around a water bottle was definitely the most effective method for me to increase my water consumption. A close second was not drinking soda. I didn't realize how often I turned to carbonated crap when I was thirsty. Also, actually keeping track of my intake made a big difference. 2 liters of water is really not that much. I was carrying around a 700ml Smartwater bottle (my super nice glass water bottle now forever smells like vegetable juice from the days when I was juicing my meals, and I am too cheap to buy another one!) - All I had to do was refill it a couple of times and I was getting enough water. 

Oh! And ordering water without ice at restaurants made a HUGE difference! I actually drank my entire glass of water every time. 

Last but not least: water and alcohol. I definitely did not drink one glass of water for every beer I drank, but I did make an effort to order a water (without ice) every few drinks, and my hangovers have been much less severe. 

I don't even really have to make a special effort anymore - drinking water is a true habit now. It's weird that it wasn't before.




No comments:

Post a Comment